March 2022 Update
Messiah Lutheran is doing everything possible to follow or exceed the State of Washington guidelines which can be found at the following link. In light of these guidelines, the following requirements are being made of all individuals who attend any in-person events at Messiah Lutheran:
As of March 12, 2022, as per state government guidelines, the wearing of masks will be optional for those attending worship services, Bible studies, or any events held at the church.
For the masked: For those who wish to remain masked, a designated area in a sanctuary is reserved as mask-only seating. However, masked parishioners are, of course, welcome to sit wherever they choose. Please note that folks are still welcome to wear masks while at Messiah Lutheran.
If you cannot attend service, please note that Sunday service and Bible Classes are streamed live at http://www.messiahseattle.org/media/live-stream
Recommend avoid shaking hands and to continue social distancing. Even though masks are no longer mandatory for attending services, we still ask that parishioners to practice social distancing. We encourage all members maintain an appropriate distance from each other as they enter and leave the sanctuary.
- Recommend utilizing the hand sanitizer available in the Narthex.
- If you or a member you know is in need of groceries or similar assistance, contact your elder.
- Give your offering online, via text or mail. Learn more at: http://www.messiahseattle.org/stewardship
- The Elder and Council teams are monitoring the recent announcement regarding the on March 21st, 2022 change to the indoor mask mandate and any further changes will be shared through this website and worship bulletin/church messengers.
What steps is Messiah taking to stop the spread of COVID-19?
We are continuing to livestream all services. Digital bulletins can be found here.
Currently, all acolytes, kids message presenters, greeters, and transporters are not serving. These changes are to help limit the number of folks either at the altar or elsewhere. If you typically are scheduled to serve, please refer to the updated schedules, posted here.
- Social distancing signs on the pews will remain in place.
- Social distancing dots will remain on the altar rail to maintain spacing during Holy Communion.
- Pastor and the Elders will continue to wear masks when serving Holy Communion.
- Ushers and the Elders will continue lighting/extinguishing candles during worship services.
If you are not able to connect with us via the internet, we do offer a way to listen to the Services and get up-to-date information through the church's phone number. If you are having any difficulty connecting, please contact the office at (206) 524-0024 or contact our Tech Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have ten members on that committee who should be able to provide more immediate technical assistance if you need assistance accessing the service.
Please continue to keep Messiah and her members and Seattle in your prayers as we keep you in ours.
If you have questions, concerns or want more information, please contact Council President, Mark Jorgensen at email@example.com.