Phase 3 - March 22, 2021
The Church Council, Elders, Altar Guild and Pastor Mankin are tracking the evolving situation in the Seattle area and have taken precautions to ensure the church is ready to support our members in our return to in-person services.
With King County entering Stage 3, we wanted to provide an update on regarding Messiah’s worship services, Bible Classes, Sunday School, and other activities.
Worship Service attendance increased to 150 people per service. Those attending services are still asked to record attendance on the sign-up sheet in the Narthex or record your online attendance using the website form.
Other things of note:
- Singing is now allowed
- All attending in-person are still required to wear a face mask while on church property (aligning to guidance across King County and the Governor’s Office).
- Folks are still asked to exercise social distancing per CDC guidelines, with a minimum of 6 feet between household groups.
- Pastor, Usher and Elder teams continue to assess/adjust the distribution of the Lord’s Supper with the hope in the coming weeks/months that we can return to the altar rail.
- The Sunday Education Hour and Sunday School are scheduled to move back to the regular 9:30am timeslot starting April 11, 2021 however please note that all Bible Classes will continue to be broadcast online for the foreseeable future.
Our Elder and Council teams continue to closely monitor county/state guidelines for worship services and any further changes will be shared when needed.
What steps is Messiah taking to stop the spread of COVID-19?
Divine Services. (150 in-person maximum) If you would to attend, please register for your spot at Eventbrite.
The Education Hour (30 in-person maximum) If you would like to attend please register here at Eventbrite for your spot.
We are continuing to livestream all services. Digital bulletins can be found here.
Currently, in Phase III all acolytes, kids message presenters, readers, greeters, transporters and Sunday School teachers will not be serving. These changes are to help limit the number of folks either at the altar or elsewhere. If you typically are scheduled to serve, please refer to the updated schedules, posted here. The service schedule will be reevaluated at a later date.
- We have a team of volunteers who wipe down common surfaces between services.
- Further adjustments have been made to our communion process to limit contact. Pastor Mankin will provide further instructions at the time of service.
What can you do?
Wear a mask. Masks are now required for all in-person services, as per the current government mandate. If you do not have a mask, disposables will be available. Refusal to wear a mask will result in denied entry to the building.
Avoid shaking hands. Elbow bumps are currently the new trend.
- Utilize the hand sanitizer available in the Narthex.
Please social distance. We encourage that all members maintain a wide berth from each other as they enter and leave the sanctuary.
- If you or a member you know is in need of groceries or similar assistance, contact your elder.
- Watch the service live at http://www.messiahseattle.org/media/live-stream
- Give your offering online, via text or mail http://www.messiahseattle.org/stewardship
If you are a nonmember, sign up for our COVID-19 Updates here. All members with email addresses on file are already on this list.
If you are a vulnerable member of our congregation, please remember to check our Facebook page and website to continue our services. Also, if you are not able to connect with us via the internet, we do offer a way to listen to the Services and get up-to-date information through the church's phone number. If you are having any difficulty connecting, please contact the office at (206) 524-0024 or contact our Tech Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have ten members on that committee who should be able to provide more immediate technical assistance if you are struggling to access the service.
Please continue to keep Messiah and her members, Pastor Mankin, and Seattle in your prayers as we keep you in ours.
If you have questions, concerns or want more information, please contact Council President, Mark Jorgensen at 775-846-0565