Welcome to Messiah Lutheran Church!
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. We’re glad you’ve found your way to us!
Here’s the rundown to get you started:
A special welcome to those with young children
We are very happy you are here today. At Messiah, we want you to feel at home.
- First, please relax and enjoy your time here. Jesus knows that children tend to wiggle and squawk a bit, so please don’t feel embarrassed by it. Children are most welcome at Messiah.
- To make it a bit easier on your family, please dare to sit toward the front where your children can easily see. Encourage them to note the colors, hear the music, watch the pastor, and embrace the action at the altar. What Jesus is doing here promises to engage them.
- As we go along, softly explain the liturgy to your children, encouraging them to join in on parts. Amen! Lord have mercy! Our Father! These belongs to them too.
- Be sure to sing, speak, and pray your parts also as you sit and stand. Your children learn by following your lead.
- If you must leave, please hurry back. We want your children here.
- If you need a little help, please ask. There are many people here who will lend you a hand.
- If you are unable to keep your little ones in the service, there is a professionally staffed nursery located on the ground floor. The Little Lamb's cry room is by the upstairs coffee bar.
Please know that while you are caring for your children, the rest of us will be rejoicing with you in Jesus words, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Luke 18:16-17 ESV) We know that your children are a gift to the Church, so we will do our best to welcome, encourage, and bless you all. Welcome to Messiah.
A Suggested Prayer Before Worship
O Lord, my creator, redeemer, and comforter, as I come to worship You in spirit and in truth, I humbly pray that You would open my heart to the preaching of Your Word so that I may repent of my sins, believe in Jesus Christ as my only Savior, and grow in peace and holiness. Hear me for the sake of His name. Amen.